Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS of RETAIL SALE
- 1 Ordering
- You must be 18 years old or older to purchase alcohol, by placing an order with us you are confirming that you are legally entitled to purchase alcohol
- Placing an order does not constitute a contract between us, the contract is made when we accept your order and take payment
- We reserve the right to refuse any order at our discretion
- All goods are offered subject to availability
- We are unable to supply in Scotland any goods the pricing of which does not conform to Scottish licensing law restrictions from time to time
- We reserve the right to change prices at any time
- We reserve the right to alter prices, discounts, offers and product particulars at any time before we accept your order
- All product prices shown are inclusive of UK VAT
- Product prices shown do not include delivery charges where applicable
- In the unlikely event of a pricing error on our pricelist or website, we reserve the right not to supply the goods at the incorrect price but to cancel the order instead
- When we receive your order we will email you with an invoice which will confirm product and delivery charges if any
- We accept payment by bank transfer (BACS) and by card
- No delivery will be scheduled before we have received payment for the order
- We offer free delivery on orders of two boxes (12 bottles) or more in the following postcode areas: BS1-20, BS30-49, BA1 and BA2
- Our delivery charge for all other orders is £7.20 per individual address
- Deliveries take place between the hours of 8am-7pm Monday to Friday
- We aim to deliver the majority of orders within seven days or earlier
- Our delivery drivers will not deliver to an individual who appears to be under the age of 25 unless they are able to produce acceptable ID to demonstrate that they are 18 or over
- Acceptable ID for age verification: Passport; Proof of Age Card with PASS logo; UK Photo Driving Licence; Military ID Card
- You may give us special delivery instructions to leave goods in a safe place or with a neighbour, in which case our responsibility for the goods will cease when they are delivered in accordance with your instructions
- We reserve the right not to deliver the goods to a place as directed by you if in the opinion of our driver they would be vulnerable to theft or damage and in such case we will contact you to arrange another delivery attempt
5 Cancellations and Complaints
- You may cancel your order at any time within 14 working days after delivery by emailing us with your order details and request to cancel
- Where the reason for cancellation is fault or mistake we will arrange to collect the goods, and will refund your purchase costs in full or at your choice replace them
- Where the product is not faulty, we will refund your purchase costs in full on all orders returned in saleable condition but we reserve the right to charge our standard delivery charge of £7.20 for the cost of collecting the goods
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and any disputes will proceed only through the English court system
This Policy Statement sets out how we treat Personal Data obtained from our Customers.
Personal Data is defined as any information from which an individual could or potentially could be identified. The Personal Data we hold is:
- email address
- telephone number
We use and store this information on the following lawful bases:
- Performance of Contract: processing and delivering your order, updating you with non- marketing information on fulfilment of your order, etc
- Legal Obligation: we are obliged to store all sales records for six years to comply with HMRC and other competent authority requirements
- Legitimate Business Interest: internal analysis of sales records as part of business planning
- Consent: where you have opted in to receive email marketing correspondence from us to contact you with details of promotions, additions to our list, tasting notes and recommendations etc
All Personal Data held by us is kept electronically under passworded accounts, and on paper in a secure area with restricted access.
We only share Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- Legal Obligation: as required by any regulatory or other competent authority, eg HMRC, Police, Licensing Authority
- Performance of Contract: when using a third-party courier to fulfil your order
- Legitimate Business Interest: litigation or other similar proceedings arising from our contractual relationship
Where you have consented to be contacted by us you may withdraw consent at any time by contacting email@example.com
If you wish to view the Personal Data held by us at any time, please email The Data Control Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 years to buy alcohol, and we take very seriously our responsibility not to sell alcohol to anyone who is or appears to be below the legal age.
You must be 18 years or older to purchase alcohol from us. Be aware that purchases are subject to a Challenge-25 age verification scheme. It is a criminal offence for anyone under the age of 18 to buy or attempt to buy alcohol, and for anyone to buy or attempt to buy alcohol for persons under the age of 18.
All customers placing an order are asked to confirm that they are 18 or over, and any customer who appears to our delivery driver to be under the age of 25 will be asked to produce a valid form of ID before the consignment of alcohol is delivered to them.
Please note the only valid forms of ID are:
- UK Photo Driving Licence
- Proof of Age Card bearing PASS hologram logo
- Military ID Card.
Stewart Wines is a signatory to the Portman Group’s Code of Practice on the Naming, Packaging and Promotion of Alcoholic Drinks.